What is Baby/Child Dedication?
Baby dedication and child dedication are the act of giving back to God the gift he has given you as parents. It is an act of worship, thanksgiving, dependence, trust, and commitment. It is an event that symbolizes your pledge to raise your child in a Christian home and church where he or she can come to know, love, and serve Jesus. It also signifies a commitment by the people of The Hills to provide a loving, biblical community that supports, encourages and prays for your family. We recognize that salvation only comes to a child through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It is not passed on to a child through dedication. Parents covenant to raise their children by modeling Godly principles with the desire that one day, their children will receive Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
Who can participate?
As we do not have traditional membership here at The Hills, we do ask a few things of the families wishing to dedicate their children.
- We ask parents to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- We ask that you attend Hills Intro and become familiar with our Culture Points.
- We ask parents to call The Hills their church home and be regular attendees of The Hills weekend services.
During the dedication service, you will be asked if you are able to commit to the following:Parents, so that your children may walk in the abundant life that Christ offers, do you purpose in your heart by God’s help and in participation with the church:
- Do you commit to model godliness in your home & relationship(s) as an example to them with the help of The Holy Spirit?
- Do you commit to protect your child from evil influences, by teaching him/her to rely on the power of The Holy Spirit and trust in God’s Word?
- Do you commit that you and The Holy Spirit will introduce your child to Christ’s love and their need for His salvation?
- Do you commit to be consistent in all of these vows on behalf of your child with the help of The Holy Spirit?
Application for Baby/Child Dedication
We are honored to stand with you as you take this step as a family. Please fill in the following application form to let us know you’re interested in being part of the next dedication in November 2018. Someone from our team will respond to your request shortly.